The Blackpill is fundamentally about understanding the objective truth about human nature, sexuality, and female sexual selection. Science provides the best methods by which we can attempt to understand our world in an objective fashion.
Although the truth can be uncomfortable at times, it is ultimately more valuable than indulging in wishful thinking. This page summarizes some of the key scientific literature which can help us understand the unvarnished truth behind male-female sexual dynamics.
The information here is not a matter of "opinion" or "belief," but rather objectively proven scientific fact.
- 1 [Personality] Women are attracted to the Dark Triad - narcissism, manipulativeness, & psychopathy
- 2 [Race] The human species is evolutionarily wired to prefer whiter & rosier (ie. Caucasian) skin
- 3 [Hypergamy] The top 5-20% of men ("Chads") are having more sex than ever before
- 4 [Age] It is normal for average healthy men to find pubescent & prepubescent females sexually arousing
- 5 [Age] Male sexual preferences for young women do not change even as men grow older
- 6 [Trends] Male celibacy is rising dramatically for men, especially for brown and yellow men
- 7 [Hypergamy] Almost all the "likes" in online dating go to the top 20% of men
- 8 [Trends] Online dating is now the primary way people meet for relationships
- 9 [Looks] Beauty is objective and it leads to predictable activation of brain centers
- 10 [Race] Women express greater racism than men in dating, particularly directed at Asian men
- 11 [Race/Height/Face] How much money a man's race, height, and face are worth to women
- 12 [Personality] Women are the largest consumers of porn where women are violently raped and abused
- 13 [Personality] 62% of women have fantasies about rape and other forced sex acts
- 14 [Personality] The majority of autistic men remain virgins into their 30s
- 15 [Height] Taller men experience a better quality of life in almost every respect
- 16 [Hypergamy] Average women receive 20 times as many matches as average men on Tinder
- 17 [Hypergamy] Being unattractive reduces men's chances of finding partners, but not women's
- 18 [Looks] Women feel disgust at the idea of sexual contact with unattractive men
[Personality] Women are attracted to the Dark Triad - narcissism, manipulativeness, & psychopathy[edit | edit source]
The dark triad is defined as: Narcissism, Manipulativeness, & Psychopathy. The "Dirty Dozen" is a scoring tool for quickly quantifying the Dark Triad:
- I tend to manipulate others to get my way.
- I tend to lack remorse.
- I tend to want others to admire me.
- I tend to be unconcerned with the morality of my actions.
- I have used deceit or lied to get my way.
- I tend to be callous or insensitive.
- I have used flattery to get my way.
- I tend to seek prestige or status.
- I tend to be cynical.
- I tend to exploit others toward my own end.
- I tend to expect special favors from others.
- I want others to pay attention to me.
Women were presented with male characters of varying degrees of Dark Triad personality. Physicality was held constant. Men with Dark Triad traits were dramatically more attractive to women compared to control characters who lacked these traits (with 99.9% statistical certainty). Furthermore, the attractiveness of these Dark Traits was not explained by other characteristics like extroversion.
Thus it seems apparent that while personality does matter to women, it does not matter in the ways they claim. Contrary to popular claims that women want a "nice, caring guy," in actual fact, they are most sexually attracted and aroused by narcissistic, manipulative, and psychopathic men.
This likely has a basis in evolutionary biology, as Dark Triad traits may have helped provide a competitive edge to men in difficult times, for example, by allowing a man to kill others for resources.
- To explore the attractiveness of the DT personality to the other sex, 128 women rated created (male) characters designed to capture high DT facets of personality or a control personality.
- Physicality was held constant.
- Women rated the high DT character as significantly more attractive.
- Psychopathic traits (lack of morality; interpersonal hostility) are beneficial to a short-term strategy and are correlated with unrestricted pattern of sexual behaviour.
- The results of our study demonstrate that the Dark Triad male personality is attractive to women and this effect is not mediated by these men’s greater perceived Extraversion or Neuroticism.
Reference: Cartera GL, Campbell AC, Muncer S. The Dark Triad personality: Attractiveness to women. Personality and Individual Differences. Volume 56, January 2014, Pages 57-61. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886913012245 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273809664_The_Dark_Triad_personality_Attractiveness_to_women
[Race] The human species is evolutionarily wired to prefer whiter & rosier (ie. Caucasian) skin[edit | edit source]
Scientific research demonstrates the global preference for whiter skin and "white standard" of beauty by which all races are judged is likely biological.
To remove racial bias from the equation, researchers asked Caucasian participants to change the skin color of Caucasian male and female faces on a computer screen to make them look as healthy as possible. The participants overwhelmingly increased the rosiness, yellowness and brightness of the subjects' skin. Past research from the same team showed this same preference in other races as well, where South Africans also tended to judge rosier faces as healthier.
A combination of bright, rosy, and golden skin is suggested to represent an objective biological indicator of health. This is likely ingrained in the human species from an evolutionary perspective, as the same preference has been observed in nonhuman animals.
- Stephen and his colleagues asked 54 Caucasian participants to change the skin color of about 50 male and female faces on a computer screen to make them look as healthy as possible. Hands down, the participants tended to increase the rosiness, yellowness and brightness of the skin.
- Participants increased skin redness, providing additional support for previous findings that skin blood color enhances the healthy appearance of faces. Participants also increased skin yellowness and lightness, suggesting a role for high carotenoid and low melanin coloration in the healthy appearance of faces. The color preferences described here resemble the red and yellow color cues to health displayed by many species of nonhuman animals.
- The results would likely hold for other ethnicities as well. For instance, past research has shown black South Africans tend to judge rosier faces as healthier. And forthcoming research suggests the same may hold for yellowness and lightness of facial skin.
- Effectively health and attractiveness are pretty much the same thing.
Reference: Stephen, I.D., Law Smith, M.J., Stirrat, M.R. et al. Facial Skin Coloration Affects Perceived Health of Human Faces. Int J Primatol (2009) 30: 845. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10764-009-9380-z https://www.livescience.com/5860-attractiveness-based-partly-skin-color.html
[Hypergamy] The top 5-20% of men ("Chads") are having more sex than ever before[edit | edit source]
Data was drawn from the 2002 and 2011–2013 National Survey of Family Growth, a US household survey focusing on sexual and reproductive health.
Researchers found that compared to 2002, men overall had the same number of partners in 2013. However, the top 20% of men had a 25% increase in sexual partners. The top 5% of men had an outstanding 38% increase in the number of sexual partners.
Thus while the amount of male sex that was had was unchanged, more of the sex was consolidated into extra sex for the top 5-20% of men (ie. "Chads"). Thus it is clear that Chads are truly having more sex than ever before.
- Although we found no change in median numbers of sex partners [for men], we found significant increases in the numbers of sex partners reported by the top 5% and 20%.
- We found an overall statistically significant increase in reported lifetime opposite-sex sex partners overall for men in the top 20% from 12 in 2002 to 15 in 2011–2013 (95% CIs, 11–14 and 15–15, respectively).
- Similarly, there was a statistically significant overall increase in reported lifetime partners for men in the top 5% from 38 in 2002 to 50 in 2011–2013 (95% CIs, 30–40 and 50–50, respectively).
Reference: Harper CR, Dittus PJ, Leichliter JS, Aral, SO. Changes in the Distribution of Sex Partners in the United States: 2002 to 2011–2013 Sexually Transmitted Diseases: February 2017 - Volume 44 - Issue 2 - p 96–100. doi: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000000554 https://journals.lww.com/stdjournal/Fulltext/2017/02000/Changes_in_the_Distribution_of_Sex_Partners_in_the.5.aspx https://incels.is/threads/science-confirms-compared-to-last-decade-women-putting-out-only-for-chad.42066/ (in progress)
[Age] It is normal for average healthy men to find pubescent & prepubescent females sexually arousing[edit | edit source]
[Age] Male sexual preferences for young women do not change even as men grow older[edit | edit source]
[Trends] Male celibacy is rising dramatically for men, especially for brown and yellow men[edit | edit source]
All NORC GSS stats and figures.
[Hypergamy] Almost all the "likes" in online dating go to the top 20% of men[edit | edit source]
top 10% of men get 58% of the likes
[Trends] Online dating is now the primary way people meet for relationships[edit | edit source]
According to data from the How Couples Meet and Stay Together survey, a comprehensive national survey on romantic relationships in the US, 39% of couples now meet and start relationships from online services. This has now become the leading way for relationships to start. The share of couples meeting online has almost doubled since 2009. Between 1995 to 2017, meeting through friends saw the largest decline, with 40% fewer people meeting this way.
This is likely the most transformative change that has occurred in the dating sphere in the past 20 years. This change coincides clearly with many of the other trends discussed on this page, such as the overall increase in male celibacy during this time frame and greater amount of sex being consolidated to the top 5-20% of men.
This change has also created a $4 billion online dating industry. Many of these online services primarily target men for payments by requiring ongoing payments in order for their profile to be seen by women (eg. Tinder Boosts).
- For heterosexual couples in the U.S., meeting online has become the most popular way couples meet, eclipsing meeting through friends for the first time around 2013.
- 39% of heterosexual couples that got together in the US in 2017 met online.
- The share of couples meeting online has just about doubled since 2009.
- Between 1995 to 2017, meeting through friends saw the largest decline, from 33% of couples at the start of the period to just 20% at the end.
- We find that Internet meeting is displacing the roles that family and friends once played in bringing couples together.
Rosenfeld M, Thomas RJ, Hausen S. 2019. Research Note: Disintermediating your friends. Pending for peer-review publication. https://web.stanford.edu/~mrosenfe/Rosenfeld_et_al_Disintermediating_Friends.pdf https://data.stanford.edu/hcmst https://qz.com/1546677/around-40-of-us-couples-now-first-meet-online/
[Looks] Beauty is objective and it leads to predictable activation of brain centers[edit | edit source]
It has long been debated whether or not there is there an objective, biological basis for the experience of beauty or if it is subjective and individually or culturally driven. To determine this, researchers showed average people with no art education images of masterpieces of Classical and Renaissance sculpture, and modified versions of these arts with less mathematically ideal proportions.
They then used fMRI to measure activation of various parts of the subjects' brains, when they were exposed to either the beautiful ideal art or the less beautiful modified art. There were clearly differential patterns of brain activation. These demonstrated that untrained people could generally come to consensus on which version was "beautiful" or not, and when beauty was encountered, it activated predictable pathways in the brain to process it.
Primarily, the insula appeared responsible for judging whether something was beautiful or not, and if something was beautiful, the amygdala would then be activated to provide an emotional response. Researchers state this suggests that both our capacity to detect beauty and enjoy the pleasurable sensations it elicits are strongly hardwired into our brain structure.
- The observation of original sculptures, relative to the modified ones, produced activation of the right insula as well as of some lateral and medial cortical areas (lateral occipital gyrus, precuneus and prefrontal areas). When volunteers were required to give an overt aesthetic judgment, the images judged as beautiful selectively activated the right amygdala, relative to those judged as ugly.
- We conclude that the sense of beauty is mediated by two non-mutually exclusive processes: one based on a joint activation of sets of cortical neurons, triggered by parameters intrinsic to the stimuli, and the insula (objective beauty); the other based on the activation of the amygdala, driven by one's own emotional experiences (subjective beauty).
- The main question we addressed in the present study was whether there is an objective beauty. Our results gave a positive answer to this question. The presence of a specific parameter (the golden ratio) in the stimuli we presented determined brain activations different to those where this parameter was violated.
- Although individual biases are undeniable, it is also rather implausible to maintain that beauty has no biological substrate and is merely a conventional, experientially determined concept.
Reference: Di Dio C, Macaluso E, Rizzolatti G (2007) The Golden Beauty: Brain Response to Classical and Renaissance Sculptures. PLoS ONE2(11): e1201. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0001201 https://archive.is/tmkKW
[Race] Women express greater racism than men in dating, particularly directed at Asian men[edit | edit source]
[Race/Height/Face] How much money a man's race, height, and face are worth to women[edit | edit source]
[Personality] Women are the largest consumers of porn where women are violently raped and abused[edit | edit source]
Dr. Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, a former Google data scientist, was given complete access to PornHub's search and views data. He found that women were more than twice as likely as men to search for videos where women are abused or forced to participate in nonconsensual sex. Women preferred videos with tags like "painful anal crying", "public disgrace", "extreme brutal gangbang", "forced", or "rape".
25% of all straight porn searches by women were for videos featuring violence against women.
- A quarter of straight porn searches by women are for videos featuring violence against their own sex.
- Five percent of searches by women are for content portraying nonconsensual sex.
- Search rates for these more extreme types of sexual content are at least twice as common among women than men.
- If there is a genre of porn in which violence is perpetrated against a woman, my analysis of the data shows that it almost always appeals disproportionately to women.
[Personality] 62% of women have fantasies about rape and other forced sex acts[edit | edit source]
A team of researchers from the University of North Texas and University of Notre Dame played 355 young women a rape fantasy over headphones to investigate how aroused they became:
The tape's material tells the tale of a male protagonist who is strongly attracted to the female character. He expresses a desire for sex with her, but she's clearly unresponsive. He attempts to convince her, without success, and she continues to refuse his advances. The male character then overpowers and rapes her. She resists throughout, and at no time gives consent. However, as the man is attractive to her and provides erotic stimulation, she does experience gratification from the forced sex.
In questioning following this, researchers found that overall, 62% of participants reported having a rape fantasy of some type. These were broken down as:
- 52% - forced sex by a man
- 32% - being raped by a man
- 28% - forced oral sex by a man
- 16% - forced anal sex
- 24% - being incapacitated
- 17% - forced sex by a woman
- 9% - being raped by a woman
- 9% - forced oral sex by a woman
Of the women who reported having the most common rape fantasy rape fantasy, being overpowered or forced by a man to surrender sexually against my will, 40% had it at least once a month and 20% had it at least once a week.
References: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19085605 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-012-9934-6 https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/bm9w7v/why-are-so-many-women-searching-for-ultra-violent-porn https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/womens-sexual-fantasies_b_1511322.html
[Personality] The majority of autistic men remain virgins into their 30s[edit | edit source]
[Height] Taller men experience a better quality of life in almost every respect[edit | edit source]
[Hypergamy] Average women receive 20 times as many matches as average men on Tinder[edit | edit source]
Reference: Gareth Tyson, Vasile C. Perta, Hamed Haddadi, Michael C. Seto, Queen Mary University of London, Sapienza University of Rome, Royal Ottawa Health Care Group A First Look at User Activity on Tinder https://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.01952.pdf
[Hypergamy] Being unattractive reduces men's chances of finding partners, but not women's[edit | edit source]
[Looks] Women feel disgust at the idea of sexual contact with unattractive men[edit | edit source]
Researchers showed 91 female psychology undergraduates either an erotic video or a hiking video before rating the attractiveness of photographs of men’s faces. The faces varied in attractiveness, and some had blemishes. The women then rated their disgust towards anticipated behaviors with men depicted on photographs.
They found by far the most dramatic influence on women's disgust was how attractive the man they showed them was. Blemishes (ie. disease cues) had a much smaller effect. Sexually arousing women with pornography beforehand did not reduce their disgust at unattractive men. They note that because women experience a higher degree of sexual disgust at baseline compared to men, this is likely harder to override.
These findings likely explain why women can orgasm from rape or paid/coerced sex with an unattractive man yet still feel disgusted by the experience. The physical arousal women experience from sex appears to operate largely independently from their disgust at the idea of engaging in these acts with unattractive men. Ie. A women can be physically aroused and disgusted at the same time.
- Disgust is an avoidance reaction that serves the function of discouraging costly mating decisions.
- In an online experiment, women rated their disgust towards anticipated behaviors with men depicted on photographs.
- Participants did so in a sexually aroused state and in a control state.
- The faces varied in attractiveness and the presence of disease cues (blemishes).
- We found that disease cues and attractiveness, but not sexual arousal, influenced disgust.
- The results suggest that women feel disgust at sexual contact with unattractive or diseased men.
- Attractiveness seems to reduce disgust and therefore also avoidance tendencies—probably because it signals good health and small risk of pathogen transmission.
- Women on average have a higher disgust sensitivity and propensity than men. This also implies that they require relatively more sexual arousal to outweigh disgust and elicit a sexually functioning feedback loop. In other words, sexual arousal is less likely to outweigh disgust in women.
Data: Add figure 2 - graph of disgust attractive vs. unattractive combined with figure 1 images.
Reference: Zsok, F., Fleischman, D.S., Borg, C. et al. Disgust Trumps Lust: Women’s Disgust and Attraction Towards Men Is Unaffected by Sexual Arousal. Evolutionary Psychological Science (2017) 3: 353. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40806-017-0106-8 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40806-017-0106-8 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317273311_Disgust_Trumps_Lust_Women's_Disgust_and_Attraction_Towards_Men_Is_Unaffected_by_Sexual_Arousal/download