A cope or a coping mechanism, is a psychological strategy whereby someone rejects a harsh truth, and adopts a less disturbing belief instead. They do this unconsciously, to prevent stress (cognitive dissonance) from occuring. People can ignore harsh truths, but they can not ignore the consequences that arise from ignoring these truths. The term "cope" is often a response to people who say things that indicate that they're out of touch with reality.
Two common coping mechanisms are sour grapes (the act of devaluing something after learning that you cannot have it), and simple denial of facts.
John: "I asked Kelly out, but she rejected me. But I ain't mad, she was an ugly bitch anyway. It's her loss!"
Peter: "Cope. You obviously wanted to date her. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked her out."
David: "Yes, I lost both my legs in a car accident. After which I lost my job, which lead to my wife leaving me. But in a way, my life is better now. I've learned to appreciate the little things in life."
Peter: "You are coping hard my friend. You've been depressed ever since the car accident. Stop coping and accept the harsh truth."
Popularization by FaceAndLMS videosEdit
In his YouTube videos, FACEandLMS defined coping as investing conscious effort to interpret positively a hardship in order to master, manage, and tolerate the stress or conflict said hardship provokes. It's a mentality wherein the person seeks to bluepill himself in order to protect himself from a harsh red pill realization. That realization may be that a situation is worse than one is telling oneself or that an ongoing situation has no real resolution.
Examples of copingEdit
- "Yeah I'm balding, but I'm not past my prime, I read that men peak at 40."
- "The reason that girls reject me has nothing to do with my short height. Once my career is established girls will line up for me."
- "I'm not getting any matches on Tinder. There must be some kind of bug, I hope they can fix it in the next update."
- "There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, it's not like I'm missing out on much anyway, sex isn't all it's cracked up to be."
- "I could have sex whenever I wanted to, I'm just not interested in having a bunch of soulless, loveless casual sex."
- "If you just work on your personality and keep a positive attitude, you will find a nice girl eventually."
- "You should join a club and meet new people, even if you don't get laid or make any friends, it'll still be good practice."
- "Just focus on improving yourself first, everything else will come on its own later."
- "If you're ugly you can try mewing to get a stronger jawline."
- “Sex is insincere and creepy anyway.”
- “This is just a sign that afterlife will reward me.”
- “Women talk tall? At least you don't suffer from over-attention.”
- “Old age is a status symbol!”
- “Circumcision is more hygienic! Who needs foreskin anyway?”
Coping people and website examplesEdit
- “Motivation porn” Instagram account “life.gedankentanken” from Germany: “I ACCEPT MYSELF. Comment ‘yes’ if you like to manifest this phrase in you.” – Acts as if acceptance of being permanently confined to disabilities or low genetic quality were easy, while it actually logically is next to impossible.
- Greta Silver (Germany): Elderly, 73 year old woman spreads the idea that the elderly years are the exciting years of life (translated using Google Translate): “Welcome to my blog. If you want to know who I am, why there is zest for life and what makes me burn for my idea that old age is an exciting time and zest for life is easy to learn - then read on here.”, despite the elderly years are actually the unhealthiest, least potent, most disabled, most mortal and most diseaseful years of life. Greta Silver made that claim on no logical or rational basis, because there is none.
Biological essentialism • Eugenics • Anti-Environmentalism • Traditional conservatism • Fatalism • Blackpill • Scientific Blackpill • Scientific Blackpill (Supplemental) • Behavioral sink • Hypergamy • Matthew effect • Beauty • Fisherian runaway • Dominance hierarchy • Intrasexual competition • J. D. Unwin • Sexual sublimation • Female subordination • Online dating • Physiognomy
Cope or rope • Cope • Lay down and rot • Inbreeding depression • Outbreeding depression • Mutation • Atavism • Reproductive success • Demographics of inceldom • Causes of inceldom • Adverse effects of inceldom • Evolutionary mismatch • Behavioral sink