Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page shows a timeline representing the most notable events for each year of the incelosphere.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- 1986: David Bowie releases the song Absolute Beginner which later becomes the eponym for a German incelospherian community of the same name.
- 1987: Brian Gilmartin coins the term "love-shy".
- 1988: alt.support.shyness Usenet newsgroup is founded
- 1989: n/a
- 1990: Denise Donnelly, graduates with a PhD in sociology from the University of Florida
- 1992: Ross Jeffries publishes "How to Get the Women You Desire Into Bed", which he later utilizes for AFC's in Usenet groups
- 1993: The website Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project is launched.
- 1994: The alt.seduction.fast Usenet newsgroup is founded by Lewis De Payne, a student of Ross Jeffries
- 1995: Carol Queen publishes Exhibitionism for the Shy: Show Off, Dress Up, and Talk Hot, a book aimed at mentalcels
- 1996: The term AFC gets popularized on various Usenet newsgroups
- 1997: The term "incel" is abbreviated by Alana from "involuntary celibate", a term coined by Antoine Banier in 1739
- 1998: The first Absolute Beginner forum is established.
- 1999: Laurence Fishburne narrates the "pill scene" in The Matrix that later inspires the pill jargon in the incelosphere.
- 2000: TLC Trust is launched for disabledcels along with the website tlc-trust.org.uk
- 2001: A peer-reviewed academic journal published by Routledge on behalf of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality releases a study on incelospherians.
- 2002: /groups/loveshy-drgilmartin, a Yahoo support group is founded
- 2003: The website love-shy.com is created.
- 2004: The website incelsite.com is created. The first female-centric incel community, /groups/loveshy-women, is formed.
- 2005: Neil Strauss' book The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists is published and subsequently embraced in parts of PSL.
- 2006: The website IncelSupport is created. Kakuhido launches Valentine's Day, Christmas, and White Day protests.
- 2007: The first website of the French incelosphere is founded called Virginite-tardive.fr which is only in the french language
- 2008: R9k is developed by Randall Munroe. The TFL movement is started by William Greathouse. The website Incel.myonlineplace.org is created.
- 2009: The website Loveshyproject.com is created. Involuntarycelibacy.com is created.
- 2010: Kakuhido launches its first blog posts
- 2011: The subreddit ForeverAlone is created
- 2011: The term blackpill is coined in the in the comments section of the Dalrock blog by a commenter named Paragon. It is later popularized by the blogger OmegaVirginRevolt.
- 2012:The documentary Love Alien is released, 1 year after Shy Boys IRL.
- 2013: Incelsupport.com crashed this year. yourenotalone.info is created this year
- 2014: Lookism.net is created. Sluthate.com is created with several members being former frequenters of puahate.com
- 2015: r/incels is created; it is banned two years later after getting more than 40,000 members
- 2016: The inceldom pride flag is created.
- 2017: The incelphobic subreddit r/inceltears is created by caspertruth666
- 2018: Ton den Boon becomes the first lexicographer to define the term "incel", defining it as a gender-neutral noun, meaning someone who lives an involuntarily celibate life.