Lay down and rot
LDAR is an acronym that stands for lay down and rot (or 'lie" down in case of an imperative). It is a state of being that a person may reach if they conclude there is no point to striving after success and accomplishment. For males who are on the inceldom spectrum, this occurs because they feel their socioeconomic or physiological traits are immutable, or because often there are very few, if any sexual rewards nowadays for moderate social success. It is sometimes synonymous with slothing.
The term is widely used in incel, NEET, and hikikomori forums. Blackpillers also particularly like to use the term to describe their own situation after reaching a point of fatalism born from sexual in-opportunity among other things.
China's Lying Flat (躺平) Movement[edit | edit source]
China is currently promoting the "996" movement, with the chief goal of having a 12-hour work day, 6 days a week (which mirror western Hustle Culture). This led to the Lying Flat Movement where people only earn the minimums needed to maintain their standard of living (similar to Galting in the west). This trim on Chinese National Productivity leads to heavy censorship of the movement. This also extends to marriage and dating, where men have lost all will to reproduce when the "Three Child Policy" is effective in 2021. Meanwhile, the country is suffering form the Sow - 母豬 social trend, thus making inceldom harder to solve from purely the male end, yet regulations that applies to females have yet to be seen.
Checklist[edit | edit source]
- Are you incel?
- Are you a 1-3/10 on the decile?
- Do you earn less than $60,000 per year 2019 USD (for USA)?
- Do you have no extraordinary traits, or abilities such as extremely high IQ/creativity or exceptional strength?
If answered yes to all of those questions then you may find yourself LDARing.
Widely-acceptable LDAR Behaviors[edit | edit source]
- Browsing incel forums
- Watching pornography
- Withdrawing from human contact
- Remaining in bed
- Video Gaming
Memes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- ↑ https://www.brookings.edu/techstream/the-lying-flat-movement-standing-in-the-way-of-chinas-innovation-drive/
- ↑ https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-lying-flat-took-chinas-overworked-millennials-by-storm
- ↑ https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/tang-ping-lying-flat-generation-rejecting-chinas-work-culture/100477716