An asshole is a selfish replicator, or bully. His efforts to have sexual intimacy with women depend on him aggressively exploiting an evolutionary desire of women, while pushing other men less attractive than him down in the process. The opposite of the asshole is the nice guy. Assholedom has become acknowledged and accepted in dating through PUA becoming generally mainstream, accepted dating advice. A top goal of the asshole is status. He is often high status because he is good looking.
Incels on Being a "Bad Boy"[edit | edit source]
Incels don't argue with TRP and pick up artists so much that being a bad boy or asshole helps 'get' women. But incels argue that having the permission to act like an asshole around women requires that the person already have enough looks, money, and status. If one acts like a bad boy around women while ugly or low status, that person will often not have a good time... It is for this reason a lot of incels grow up with very 'sweet' or 'nice' personalities, so that they don't get negative attention from women who evaluate them as low LMS.
Women choose bullies disproportionately[edit | edit source]
In school, a relatively small amount of men do most of the bullying and receive most of the sexual attention from women interested in sex. Women prefer bullying men to men who are bullied, sexually, and bullies have more sexual partners than the bullied.
Researchers, led by Daniel Provenzano from the University of Windsor in Canada, found that bullying probably evolved as a behavior for men to show their strength and assert dominance, while signaling to women that they are good prospective mates who will provide for their needs and offspring. Professionals dealing with young adults need to recognize the role of sexual motivation in bullying, suggests Provenzano.
An article describing two studies conducted by Volk et al. (2015) concluded that "taken together, results from the present study offer mixed, but generally positive, support for our hypothesis that bullying is an evolutionarily adaptive behavior" and noted that "The links between bullying and dating/sexual outcomes are (for the most part) not simply a function of common variance with attractiveness and age or sex, although those variables do play a role in dating and sexual behavior" therefore bullying increased adolescent males mating success independent of other factors like looks, social desirability, etc. The authors advised that "In the meantime, bullying research and interventions should be increasingly cognizant of the fact that bullying may indeed be, at least in part, due to evolved mental adaptations that predispose some individuals to harm others to obtain personal goals. These goals may go beyond social dominance and extend specifically toward obtaining sexual partners."
Another study by Dane et al.(2017) found that "higher Extraversion and higher bullying perpetration significantly predicted having had sex" (among the adolescent participants in the study, albeit relying on self-reported data) and "number of sexual partners was significantly positively correlated with bullying ... in both samples" (correlation of r=.34 with bullying and number of sexual partners among older adolescents).
Thus it seems apparent that a tendency towards bullying is seen as an attractive trait by a significant number of women(at least adolescent girls), and this may even be independent of the traits such a tendency displays (i.e 'dark triad' traits, higher level of social dominance.)
Women fantasize about criminals a lot[edit | edit source]
Women have a greater preference for stories of true crime than men. To evaluate the degree of this preference, researchers analyzed gender proportions of reviews on Amazon for different genres including true crime and war. They found 70% of true crime reviewers were female, while 82% of war reviewers were male, despite an overall relatively even distribution of male and female reviewers on the site in general.
They suggested that the primary reasons women might be interested in these books is for "survival tips" to avoid becoming victims themselves. Associations were found which may suggest this is in part a motivation, but these were very weak. Women's responses on evaluation of how much their reading was for "safety" were not very different from men's, and were greatly inadequate to explain the dramatic gender difference in preference for this material.
They did not attempt to evaluate to what extent female preference for these types of stories relate to other evidence such as that women are more attracted to sociopathic men, men with criminal histories have more consensual female partners, male serial killers are often inundated with female love letters (hybristophilia), women have a disproportionate preference for pornography featuring violence against women, and that most women admit to harboring "rape fantasies".
- Females contributed 52% of the reviews and men 48%.
- More women than men reviewed books in the true crime genre (70% vs. 30%), w2(1, N ¼ 306) ¼ 22.08, p < .001.
- More men than women reviewed books in the war genre (82% vs. 18%), w2(1, N ¼ 1,263) ¼ 520.76, p < .001.
- 95% of the reviews in both the true crime and war categories were positive.
- When considering stories with violent content, women are drawn to true crime stories more so than are men.
Women choose psychopaths disproportionately[edit | edit source]
39% of hospitalized male psychopaths had consensual sex with female mental health staff
Carl B. Gacono, PhD et al. (1995) published a small study for the The Bulletin of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law comparing "select behavior indices between hospitalized insanity acquittees (N = 18) and hospitalized insanity acquittees who successfully malingered (N =18)". The study authors called the malingerers 'severe psychopaths'.
They found that these severe psychopaths were so likely to have consensual sexual relations with female staff, that in fact 39% had such consensual relations with female mental health staff when this was properly evaluated.
Behavioural infractions committed by control group and malingerers 'severe psychopaths'.
|Comparison Subjects||Severe Psychopaths|
|Specialized treatment plan||0%||35%|
|Sex/marriage with female staff||0%||39%|
|Drug dealing within institution||0%||44%|
- The malingerers were significantly more likely to have a history of murder or rape, carry a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder or sexual sadism, and produce greater PCL-R factor 1, factor 2, and total scores than insanity acquittees who did not malinger.
- The malingerers were also significantly more likely to be verbally or physically assaultive, require specialized treatment plans to control their aggression, have sexual relations with female staff, 39% had such consensual relations with female mental health staff, deal drugs, and be considered an escape risk within the forensic hospital.
Women are particularly attracted to antisociability[edit | edit source]
A study conducted in the United Kingdom on behalf of the Society for Research in Child Development by Sara R. Jaffee et al. (2003) using 'data from an epidemiological sample of 1,116 5-year-old twin pairs and their parents', remarked the following: "Second, despite the fact that fathers who engage in high levels of antisocial behavior make up a small proportion of fathers overall, they are responsible for a disproportionate number of births. For example, Moffitt and colleagues (2002) found that although men who engaged in high levels of antisocial behavior constituted only 10% of a birth cohort, they accounted for 27% of the babies fathered by the time the men were age 26".
Women are particularly attracted to gang members[edit | edit source]
Another study by Palmer and Tilley (1995) for The Journal of Sex Research examining the possible evolutionary psychological motives prompting young men to join street gangs revealed that "shows that the gang members in the study reported a significantly greater average number of sex partners during the last 30 days than the non-gang members reported for the same period (M, of 1.67 to 1.22, respectively)" and that "the two greatest total numbers of partners reported in our study were by two gang leaders, who reported 11 and 10 partners, respectively." The studies authors concluded that compared to prior study conducted by Laumann et al.'s examing men in the United States sexual habits; "many gang members in our study had as many, or more, sex partners in one month than the average male in Laumann et al.'s study had in one year."
Note all of this is despite some evidence that unattractive individuals are disproportionately drawn to a life of crime (https://www.nber.org/papers/w12019) , and vice versa for attractive individuals.
This author and the incel wiki provides this information solely for evidentiary purposes as regards to the mate selection procedure of female H.Sapiens, we do not encourage incels to "thugmaxx" (i.e commit violent crimes) in an attempt to ameliorate their sexual situation.
Number of female partners during the last 30 days reported by males who were gang members and males who were not gang members
|Number of Partners||Gang Members||Non Gang Members|
- Gang members reported a significantly greater average number of sex partners during the last 30 days than the non-gang members reported for the same period (M of 1.67 to 1.22, respectively); one-tailed t-test, t = 2.16, df = 118, p < .025. […]
- Two gang leaders […] reported 11 and 10 partners, respectively, [within the last 90 days] […]
- In contrast, no non-gang member in the study reported more than five partners within the last 90 days.
- We also predict that leaders of gangs, like leaders in many human societies, not only have sexual access to greater numbers of females, but also more exclusive sexual access to these females.
Women are particularly attracted to the Dark Triad[edit | edit source]
The dark triad is defined as: Narcissism, Manipulativeness, & Psychopathy. The "Dirty Dozen" is a scoring tool for quickly quantifying the Dark Triad:
- I tend to manipulate others to get my way.
- I tend to lack remorse.
- I tend to want others to admire me.
- I tend to be unconcerned with the morality of my actions.
- I have used deceit or lied to get my way.
- I tend to be callous or insensitive.
- I have used flattery to get my way.
- I tend to seek prestige or status.
- I tend to be cynical.
- I tend to exploit others toward my own end.
- I tend to expect special favors from others.
- I want others to pay attention to me.
Women were presented with male characters of varying degrees of Dark Triad personality. Physicality was held constant. Men with Dark Triad traits were dramatically more attractive to women compared to control characters who lacked these traits (with 99.9% statistical certainty). Furthermore, the attractiveness of these Dark Traits was not explained by other characteristics like extroversion.
Thus it seems apparent that while personality does matter to women, it does not matter in the ways they claim. Contrary to popular claims that women want a "nice, caring guy," in actual fact, they are most sexually attracted and aroused by narcissistic, manipulative, and psychopathic men.
This likely has a basis in evolutionary biology, as Dark Triad traits may have helped provide a competitive edge to men in difficult times, for example, by allowing a man to kill others for resources.
Several mainstream academic, peer-reviewed studies have confirmed that women are particularly sexually attracted to men who exhibit dark triad traits, likely because of women's hypergamous nature.         
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/vio.2015.0036 (Case studies recording several similar incidents written by Matthew H. Logan PhD a 'correctional psychologist working in the prison system'.)
- Cartera GL, Campbell AC, Muncer S. The Dark Triad personality: Attractiveness to women. Personality and Individual Differences. Volume 56, January 2014, Pages 57-61. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886913012245
- Jonason P. K., Li N. P., Webster G. W., Schmitt D. P. (2009). "The Dark Triad: Facilitating short-term mating in men". European Journal of Personality. 23: 5–18. doi:10.1002/per.698.
- Jonason P. K., Valentine K. A., Li N. P., Harbeson C. L. (2011). "Mate-selection and the Dark Triad: Facilitating a short-term mating strategy and creating a volatile environment". Personality and Individual Differences. 51 (6): 759–63. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2011.06.025.
- Jonason P. K., Li N. P., Buss D. M. (2010). "The costs and benefits of the Dark Triad: Implications for mate poaching and mate retention tactics". Personality and Individual Differences. 48 (4): 373–78. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2009.11.003.
- Jonason P. K., Koenig B., Tost J. (2010). "Living a fast life: The Dark Triad and Life History Theory". Human Nature. 21 (4): 428–42. doi:10.1007/s12110-010-9102-4.
- Carter, Gregory Louis, Anne C. Campbell, Steven Muncer, "The Dark Triad personality: Attractiveness to women", Elsevier/ScienceDirect, 12 June 2013
- Grewel, Daisy, "Psychology Uncovers Sex Appeal of Dark Personalities", Scientific American, 27 November 2012
- Holtzman, Nicholas, S., "People With Dark Personalities Tend to Create a Physically Attractive Veneer" Social Psychological and Personality Science, October 4, 2012, doi: 10.1177/1948550612461284
- "Are Narcissists Sexy? Zeroing in on the Effect of Narcissism on Short-Term Mate Appeal", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, July 2013 vol. 39 no. 7 870-882, doi: 10.1177/0146167213483580
- Back, Schmuckle, and Egloff, "Why are narcissists so charming at first sight? Decoding the narcissism-popularity link at zero acquaintance.", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2010 Jan;98(1):132-45. doi: 10.1037/a0016338
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Dark triad
- Nice guy
- Elliot Rodger (he was kind of an asshole)
- Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris (bullied a shit ton)
- Asshole theory