Acceptance implies simple satisfaction with one's permanent adverse life circumstances.
For affected people, acceptance feels like succumbing and surrendering to one's fate and circumstances, such as low genetic qualities or permanent disabilities.
When acceptance implies happiness with permanent restrictions in life, it is hardly possible because it inevitably implies nihilism simultaneously, and that no minute one's only existence can be enjoyed free from said disability.
Examples[edit | edit source]
People who do not experience handicapping circumstances themselves tend to act as if just accepting and getting over one's permanent adverse situation was easy, often resorting to platitudes. For example:
- To a disabled person in a wheelchair:
- Just accept it bro! If you accept your wheelchair, you will be happy forever!
- Just get over it! It's that simple! :D :D :D
- To a man with chubby cheeks and roundish jaw:
- Just accept it! 😊 You were born with it! Also, your jaw looks cute! Women like cuteness!