Veronika Kracher (29 March 1990) is a German incelologist and journalist. She wrote the book Incels: Geschichte, Sprache und Ideologie eines Online-Kults and is portrayed as Germany's "incel expert" by the German public TV. She writes and talks mostly negative about incels and sees most of them as misogynists and/or Alt-Rightists. She describes her political views as Feminist, Communist and Anti-German. She is also an ardent SJW.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
She was born in Munich, attended a single-sex school for girls and has a brother. She is clinical depressive since she became 13 years old, because of an ongoing Weltschmerz regarding the "Patriarchy". Because of this, she hurt herself as a teenager, has been suicidal, became a Punk, got bullied in school and read about Critical Theory, eventually becoming a Feminist Communist. She still calls herself a "depressive wreck". She also claims she understands a lot of the feelings incels have because of her depression and that dealing with incels thoughts puts a particular psychological strain on her for this reason. She studied sociology in Mainz and lives in Frankfurt. She is in a relationship. Her Antifa partner shares her political views, calling incels a "right-wing" movement.
Proponent of violence[edit | edit source]
In January 2019, she openly welcomed a violent attack against the right-wing politican Frank Magnitz (AfD), who got so severely beaten by the attackers that he had to be put to hospital. On Twitter, she called this the "consistent implementation of #NazisOut" (although Magnitz’s wife is of Turkish origin). Because of this, Veronika Kracher received a lot of opposing messages and regarded herself as a victim.
In January 2020, she openly welcomed the assassination of Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani, because of her strong pro-Israel stance.
"Expert"[edit | edit source]
Despite her politically radical background, she is a frequent guest in the German mainstream media when it comes to incels. She says herself that this suprises her because her book is a Communist paper and she would even be disappointed if people wouldn’t realize that.
On incels and men[edit | edit source]
She usually describes incels as right-wingers. Even Ethnicels are considered as such by her, because they "internalized" White supremacy and "blatant racism" by adopting JBW. In her book, she dedicates two pages to Germany’s most prominent self-identified incel and JBW advocate: Hamudi. In a booklet published by the leftist, government funded Amadeu Antonio Foundation, in which Incels are linked to right-wing extremism, she even calls him a "German", although Hamudi himself never said he is one, neither by ancestry nor by passport.
According to her, world affairs are governed by the oppression of the feminine by the masculine, which she calls "Hegemonic masculinity", referring to transsexual Feminist Raewyn Connell. According to this mindset, men play a role similar to that of capitalists within Marxism while women are the proletariat, hence masculinity itself should be abolished. Men who don’t fit into the standards of "Hegemonic masculinity" are regarded as marginalized if they ally with Feminism. Incels, however, are not recognized as being marginalized but accomplices of the "Patriarchy" because they don’t ally with Feminism. Incels therefore play a role within this mindset which is comparable to that of the Lumpenproletariat within Marxism. She frequently criticizes incels for not becoming Feminists. Incels even managed to blackpill her on this, showing her that even men who are bullied because they lack masculinity don't turn into feminists. She calls this circumstance a "double down", "grueling experience" and "bitter realization". Because of the little success of this strategy, she also says she is tired of trying to convince men of becoming Feminists by showing them its alleged benefits for them. Instead, she expects men to support Feminism out of solidarity with Feminists now and considers to regard those who don't as "political enemy". Typical for a SJW, she is also supportive of speech regulation against incel forums and openly argues in favor of Cancel Culture against opinions that are different from hers: "Finally give me this Cultural Marxist opinion dictatorship that they all are always talking about."
She believes that inceldom can be prevented if boys receive a Feminist education, e.g. being taught to express emotions and not be tough. She believes this would work, because she views sex roles as socially constructed and rejects evolutionary psychlogy/biology. According to her, the preference for alpha men among many women is not caused by biology but by education, since many women "internalized" "patriarchal perceptions". Therefore, she explicitly opposes the Scientific Blackpill and views Feminist theories as superior to Natural science. She even compares evolutionary psychology/biology to National Socialism, since it also argued with biology. She also opposes Jordan Peterson, whom she calls "kind of a pop star among these reactionary scientists". However, she isn’t that consistent concerning her own views when it comes to the emotions of Elliot Rodger within his manifesto, calling him a "whiny, narcissistic, spoiled snotty brat".
COVID-19[edit | edit source]
She is also a radical COVID-19 measure supporter. Therefore she supports Zero Covid, a campaign that wants to lower the COVID incidence to zero by shutting down the economy entirely. This goal is very unrealistic and the campaign is classified as left-wing to far-left extremist.
[edit | edit source]
- Veronika Kracher on ventil-verlag.de
- Veronika Kracher on Facebook (public page)
- Veronika Kracher on Facebook (private account)
- Veronika Kracher on Twitter
- Veronika Kracher on Instagram
References[edit | edit source]
- ZDFheute Nachrichten: Frauenhass und Terror: Was die „Incel“-Szene so gefährlich macht, YouTube, 7 December 2020.
- Paulina Stulin: Podcast: Pingpong mit Pauli #22 – Veronika, YouTube, 14 May 2020.
- Veronika Kracher on ventil-verlag.de
- Veronika Kracher: Incels. Geschichte, Sprache und Ideologie eines Online-Kults, Mainz 2020, p. 190.
- Kracher, Incels, p. 275.
- Facebook post from 14 November 2020 by him.
- Peter Nowak: Gewalt gegen rechts und Twitterradikalität, Telepolis, 12 January 2019.
- Er war früher bei linker Partei: Das weiß man über den attackierten AfD-Mann, Focus, 10 January 2019.
- Facebook post from 11 January 2019 by Veronika Kracher.
- Facebook post from 3 January 2020 by Veronika Kracher.
- Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Rheinland-Pfalz: INCELS: Geschichte, Sprache und Ideologie eines Online-Kults. Buchpremiere mit Veronika Kracher., YouTube, 12 November 2020.
- hasi: Veronika Kracher über Incels – Zur Sprache und Ideologie eines Online-Kults, YouTube, 27 September 2020.
- Bildungsstätte Anne Frank: TuesdayTalk #19: "Incels" mit Veronika Kracher, YouTube, 1 December 2020.
- Kracher, Incels, p. 202-203
- Veronika Kracher: Frauenhassende Online-Subkulturen. Ideologien – Strategien – Handlungsempfehlungen, Berlin 2021, p. 26.
- Lukas Ondreka: #78 "Incels sehen sich als Untermenschen, ihren Hass richten sie gegen Frauen" - Dissens, YouTube, 24 June 2020.
- Die Ursache des ganzen Mists, Interview with Veronika Kracher by Linda Peikert, anschlaege.at.
- Facebook post from 14 November 2020 by Veronika Kracher.
- Kritik und Subversion Hannover: Interview über Incels und toxische Männlichkeit - mit Veronika Kracher und Kritik & Subversion, YouTube, 2 September 2020.
- Kracher, Incels, p. 47-48
- Kracher, Incels, p. 168-169.
- Kracher, Incels, p. 65.
- Clemens Heni: “Bild der Frau”, der extrem rechte Naftalie Bennett und kommunistische Konkret-Autorinnen gemeinsam für den totalitären ZeroCovid Wahnsinn, ClemensHeni.net, 5 February 2021.
- Anne Bäuerl: Die Null als Ziel. „Zero Covid“-Strategie: „Fast aussichtslos“, Ärztezeitung, 19 January 2021.
- Nikolaus Piper: Kapitalismus-Kritik: „Zero Covid“ ist reines Wunschdenken, Süddeutsche Zeitung, 22 January 2021.