Roger Devlin is a prominent academic philosopher and American white identitarian. He is the author of Sexual Utopia in Power, a book which argues for traditional monogamous marriage, something that puts him at odds with Esther Vilar, another prominent manosphere figure. He is also a regular author at Counter-Currents and the Occidental Quarterly.
He has done a number of interviews where he describes his positions in Sexual Utopia in Power.
Media lying[edit | edit source]
Some dumb media outlets like the New Republic have said that Roger coined the word hypergamy, which is simply a lie, the word was used a ton way before Roger's book, in books about sexology and also the caste-system in India.
He did however, certainly influence how the term "hypergamy" is used in the manosphere. The original meaning of hypergamy mostly referred to 'dating up' in status/money hierarchies. The meaning used by Devlin and others in the manosphere, (and thus incels) refers to a female tendency to 'date up' in virtually all areas.
Academic Work[edit | edit source]
He has also done academic philosophic writing, writing on Hegelian philosophy in Alexandre Kojève and the Outcome of Modern Thought (University Press of America, 2004).
Alt-right[edit | edit source]
Devlin identifies as part of the alt-right, which he describes as a "white advocacy" movement, and is considered among its "most important thought leaders" according to VDARE. Devlin attended the National Policy Institute conference which gained national attention after many in attendance performed Nazi salutes. Devlin denounced this behaviour, although he believed "there is nothing intrinsically wrong with" Nazi salutes. He said he did not believe the alt-right should endorse national-socialism, and that the saluters were, “Nazi LARPing”. He is a major anti-feminist and men's rights influence in the White Nationalist movement, this has brought him into conflict with its many crypto-feminist elements.
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Why Most High-Achievers Are Men (& Why We Cannot Afford Sexual Egalitarianism), Counter-Currents Publishing am 2. November 2016
- Welfare: Who's on It, Who's Not?, American Renaissance on October 14, 2015 (with Henry Wolff)
- Why I Write, September 19, 2015
- On sexual lib, September 19, 2015
- Back to Africa: Sexual Atavism in the Modern West, Counter-Currents Publishing on June 26, 2015
- A Matrix for the white peoples, February 16, 2015
- Rotating Polyandry - & its Enforcers, Part 1, Counter-Currents Publishing on July 23, 2011 (About Michelle Langley: Women's Infidelity: Living In Limbo)
- Rotating Polyandry - & its Enforcers, Part 2, Counter-Currents Publishing on July 23, 2011 (About Stephen Baskerville: Taken into Custody)
[edit | edit source]
- Devlin's contributions at:
- Henrik Palmgren: Red Ice Interviews: F. Roger Devlin on 'Sexual Utopia in Power', Red Ice Creations on July 13, 2015
- F. Roger Devlin to be Interviewed by Tom Sunic, The Occidental Quarterly on February 16, 2010 (The interview will air on the Voice of Reason Broadcast Network.)
Interviews[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Great Hitler Salute Crisis of 2016 Occidental Observer, 23 November 2016
- A Cautionary Tale Radix Journal, 11 January 2017
- National Policy Institute Live Coverage On Youtube; Peter Brimelow Will Be Speaking VDARE, 19 November 2016
- National Policy Institute is Confronted by Anti-Fascist and Resorts to Sieg Heils Anti Fascist News, 22 November 2016
- Let's Watch as the Alt Right Implodes Anti Fascist News, 4 December 2016
See Also[edit | edit source]
This page borrows from Wikimannia. Borrowed material has been altered. Text is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) Unchanged text is credited to the authors of the Wikimannia page here: http://en.wikimannia.org/F._Roger_Devlin