A Voice for Men
A Voice for Men (also known as AVfM, AVFM or AV4M) is a United States-based for-profit limited liability company and online publication founded in 2009 by Paul Elam. A proponent of the Men’s Rights Movement, or “Men’s Human Rights Activism”, it is the largest and most influential men’s rights website. It’s editorial position is strongly antifeminist and frequently accuses feminists of being misandrist in their mindset.
Ideology[edit | edit source]
Paul Elam’s site has always been critical of traditional masculinty and trad-cons insisting that feminists had become the main propenents of traditional masculinity. His site has also been critical of viewing the left as a monolithic enemy, and does not align itself with conservatism. Masculinist, patriarchal MRA figures were usually relegated to the fringes of the MRA movement, barely gaining any promimence. However, after 2009, a new breed of masculinist, gender essentalist MRAs came to the forefront of the entire MRA scene, mostly libertarian, conservative or pseudo-traditionalist women. They rarely promoted gender liberation or concepts such as house husbands, often implicitly defending traditional gender roles or anti-leftist politics. People like Karen Straughan, Alison Tieman, Janet Bloomfield, June Nicole, Christina Hoff Sommers, Aydin Paladin, Natty Kadifa, Lana Lokteff, and Kay Hymowitz.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20110212015917/http://www.avoiceformen.com:80/2011/01/27/conservative-misandry/
- ↑ https://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/all-feminist-are-tradcons/
- ↑ https://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/is-the-right-sympathetic-to-the-mra/
- ↑ http://in.avoiceformen.com/are-mens-rights-activists-conservative-hell-no/ [dead link, someone at AVFM is mad that got published]
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Typhonblue/status/859239089228402688
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Typhonblue/status/857789874207903744
- ↑ https://redice.tv/radio-3fourteen/the-myth-of-male-power