The trans-vestigiality hypothesis is similar to the homocel hypothesis and the incel transbian pipeline in that it suggests that a significant segment of the transgender population used to be incel. It suggests that inceldom may cause gender dysmorphia in some people and by extension may lead a person to consider gender transitioning. Anecdotes from incels and studies on non-human animals suggest this may be due to a desire for the transitioning incel to avoid confrontation with stronger men (or disgusted women), to deincelize, and/or simply an attempt to live life on tutorial mode (i.e. as a woman). The case studies depicted on the trannymaxxing page (see trannymaxxing) or other one's depicted below show that transitioning to female can aid in deincelization. However, some incel-turned-transgenders remain incel (or transcel) upon becoming transgender.
Some incel Youtubers have referred to many cases of male to female transsexualism as "advanced inceldom". Female to male transsexualism, which occurs at a slightly lower rate than male to female transsexualism, is also often seen by people in the incelosphere as a voluntary incelizing process, and as such is highly amusing to incels.
That being said, pretending to be a female is unlikely a sexual strategy due to a very low prevalence rate of transgenderism of 0,001% (see the criticism section).
Sexual mimicry in animals[edit | edit source]
Dr Erica Todd from the University of Otago is a leading researcher in the Trans-vestigiality hypothesis in non-human animals. She calls male animals who take on female imagery to increase mating success as "sneaker males". She explains how "sneaker males" disguise themselves as females to avoid aggression from larger males, and steal mating opportunities. Her work focused a lot on Bluehead Wrasse fish. She found that the "sneaker males" had genes for male sex hormones turned off making them appear feminine but also had much more sperm production and sperm quality control. The "sneaker males" had near identical brain gene expression to females and much different brain gene expression than non-sneaker-males. The "sneaker males" often also changed roles to more masculine fish as they grew larger.
Phillipines[edit | edit source]
In the Phillipines, where the women are so disgusted by the local men that they pursue relationships with American incels, many native men from the Phillipines undergo fake breast surgery in order to make enough money to survive or move out of the country.
Case studies[edit | edit source]
There have been a few case studies suggesting that trannymaxxing can actually help one to escape inceldom. See for example:
Further case-studies[edit | edit source]
Criticism and statistics[edit | edit source]
With a prevalence of only 0.001%, transgenderism is unlikely much more prevalent than mutation-selection balance would predict, hence it is unlikely an evolved sexual strategy. Many transgenders appear to use the protected class status of transgenderism as a means of status ascension (transtrender), which is evidenced by the fact that most revert their sexual orientation after a while. Many show signs of deleterious mutation or adverse social environments.
These claims are corroborated by the statistics below:
- Transsexuals are four times more likely than the average person to be infected with HIV.
- About 88% of children who have gender dysphoria do not hold those beliefs when they grow older.
- Only 12% of boys who believe they are transsexuals still believe so when they are older.
- MRI scans indicate that MtF transsexuals are either men aroused by the thought of possessing female genitalia or homosexuals who want to seduce straight men.
- 41% of transsexuals have tried and failed to commit suicide.
- Transsexuals who undergo sex reassignment surgery are more likely to commit suicide.
- Most young transsexuals have committed self-harm within the last twelve months.
- 65% of transsexual youth have seriously considered suicide within the last year.
- 37% of transsexual youth have attempted suicide within the last year.
- 1 in 10 young transsexuals has attempted suicide more than three times in the last year.
- Only 21% of transsexuals can sucessfully pass as the opposite gender.
- 53% of mothers of transsexual children have Borderline Personality Disorder, compared to only 6% of mothers of normal children.
- 16% of transsexuals have been sent to jail or prison, compared to 2.7% of the general population.
- Gay and transgender students are half as likely to graduate high school as straight students.
- 20-40% of homeless children are transsexuals.
- 44% of transsexuals with a job are underemployed.
- Children raised by gay couples are twice as likely to be in poverty as children of straight married couples.
- “24% of lesbians and bisexual women are poor, compared with only 19% of heterosexual women.”
- 1/3 transsexuals are being treated for mental health.
- 85% of transsexuals show signs of psychological distress or have been recently treated for mental health.
- 44% of transsexuals show signs of clinical depression.
- Transsexuals are more likely to have autism than the general population.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://tgmentalhealth.com/2012/02/13/the-prevalence-of-transgenderism-an-update/ https://tgmentalhealth.com/2010/03/31/the-prevalence-of-transgenderism/