Edits 10/20/19[edit source]
Previous description table[edit source]
It is now Incel#Definition_controversy.
Can people please stop putting giant irrelevant images outside of thumbnails on pages?[edit source]
Let's make the Wiki look more "professional", easier and more enjoyable to read. And stop plaguing the articles with shitty humor as if this were uncyclopedia. We could use some controversial remarks or slurs here and there, but let's make things straightfoward. - BlackPillBlackBelt (talk) 01:32, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
Why are some websites blocked?[edit source]
- Spam prevention extension included in Mediawiki (by default I think), only Randy can fix that, however the links work if you remove https:// William (talk) 13:13, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
place to discuss image proposals[edit source]
Special:Upload is limited to admins and trusted users.
For others, I assume we would host our proposed image somewhere and then post a link to it here, explaining how we would like to use it on a page.
I would like to know a good place for such proposals where we could attract the attention of trusteds/admins to come review it and possibly act upon it if they agree with the reasoning.
Special:ListAdmins gives Eth/Master/William and switching that to Trusted in the dropdown gives Altmark22/Bibipi/BlackpillScience/Numbereight (BlackpillBlackBelt is listed as blocked, despite still being Trusted) so where would be a good spot to post ideas where all 7 possible image-adders could put them?
For example I think https://i.imgur.com/on1rOuq.jpg would work well as a lead image for deincelization, as an example. So I would be seeking feedback on that idea. Wiz (talk) 06:28, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- Best place would be specific user talk pages if you want a Trusted user to upload a pic for you. If you want trusted status so you can upload your own pics you can also PM Master on the forums. Only 1 admin can have a bureaucrat role and assign that privilege due to how Mediawiki works.Superconfidentguy (talk) 12:08, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
Eth has recently placed a link to this new wiki in the header of our main page, and I think it's worth discussing with all wiki writers whether people overall agree with this. The idea basically seems to be to re-host our content under this domain. Here are my arguments against it:
- It gives in to political correctness.
- Expanding more to manosphere kinda increases the workload for writers if writers here choose to participate both wikis.
- I'd prefer the incel wiki to be self-contained and minimal. Referring to a different wiki suggests there is info we do not cover that may be relevant for inceldom which is in my estimation inefficient. People who come here should get the impression we have all they need to know, not that some other wiki is necessary.
Especially because of point (1) I suggest at least removing the link from the header.
Various suggestions[edit source]
- Demography of Those Affected => not clear what affected means, so better "Demography of inceldom"
- The Discord link lacks a descriptive title.
- I think we should link Decile and Blackpill as those are pretty central pages. Gymcel, BBC Theory and Heightpill could be removed in return as they are more specialized terms.
- Rename Glossary link to Incel jargon glossary? The entire page could be moved there.
- No need to make "List of Active Incel Forums" bold, likewise with "List of wanted pages", "Improving stubs". Changes of boldness give the page a more rugged appearance.