Belated welcome[edit source]
See recent updates to this policy page 10/01/2019[edit source]
https://incels.wiki/w/Incel_Wiki:Incel_Wiki_is_descriptive,_not_prescriptive William (talk) 16:39, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Nice edits[edit source]
unsigned IP[edit source]
Nice edits man. I made the Maleleader effect page, and updated info about Hamudi. I'm trying to create an account but the Discord link isn't working for me. Any help would be appreciated.
- Wait on this page for a new discord link William (talk) 15:08, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
- Here is the new link https://discord.gg/ADmWVbh William (talk) 15:11, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
Why do some mass monster body builders look silly, funny, comical in photos? I think its cuz the face doesnt match the body. Like alot are bald old men with these young looking bodies lmfao.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gbROs8F3E
^looks good, peak human physique non supplements, then supplements when hes competetive until age 25 and he starts using juice lmfao then it gets comical
Temporary block[edit source]
Blocked for rewriting the entirety of one of the most important pages when explicitly told not to delete mass content without first gaining consensus on a talk page. There was a lot of good content in there but it was horribly written and lengthy, the wiki is not just a place to list facts without putting any effort into style with the exception of the scientific blackpill page. I spent four hours trying to incorporate all your new stuff in it.
Also, if you don't like the anti-tradcon tone of this wiki you are free to leave, create your own wiki or what have you. Because pro-tradcon stuff by you will always be rewritten. Best of luck and no hard feelings. William (talk) 01:03, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
Temp Ban 2[edit source]
Mikey was PMing me saying you were entirely rewriting a finished page without using a talk page and waiting for feedback, you were explicitly told not to do that. Specifically Mikey's page "Beautiful speech patterns", now moved to Game. Work on your own pages if you are going to micromanage others as a member, and not by moving them to your own pages. Even if you two resolved the situation, I still got complaints in my inbox beforehand and I don't want to deal with rules being broken like this. William (talk) 14:12, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- I think the lesson with Mikey was I thought by giving him space he would eventually create better pages, which never ultimately happened.William (talk) 13:14, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Updated Policy[edit source]
Receiving this ping does not necessarily mean you have done something wrong. There seems to be conflict arising from unclear guidelines about humor articles. While it is not possible to fully formalize how humor articles should work, here is a basic summary to be taken in good-faith. Rule about articles that are not about accuracy. William (talk) 13:45, 24 November 2019 (UTC)
Merry Christmas[edit source]
removing Ovid from Timeless quotes on women page[edit source]
- I think it's ok to leave it in. Some things PUAs say are actually correct, even though they only provide cartoonish near-term solutions that sell well. No need to reject everything they say. Btw please use four tildes to sign your comments and (multiple) colons : for indentation ~~~~ Bibipi (talk) 18:14, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
Main Page redesign[edit source]
requesting clarification on your paraphrasing re the Brooke Jenkins study[edit source]
In special:diff/69638 I linked back to what you had added to the intro.
I removed it temporarily because when I searched the PDF it seemed inconsistent with the average partner counts reported in the lede.
I'm hoping you can clarify more specifically about the relevance of the d=0.22 stuff in comparison to the other data, in which case it can be added back.
Doing a Ctrl-F on page 6/14 it seems to be what you're talking about:
- Looking at mean differences in the number of partners between the tall men and other categories,
- only the very short men differed from tall men by an effect size larger than d = 0.20, reporting fewer partners (d = 0.22).
I think maybe the problem is we don't explain the meaning of "d" here.
Something like "the average number of partners" is easy to discern. If we subtract the avg 9.4 for men 5'2-5'4 from the avg 12 for men 5'11-6'1 we get 2.6 for example.
So I'm struggling to understand what d=0.22 means in respect to that average 2.6 difference in partner count.
It's been a while since I studied stats so I hope you'll be patient with me. I think our average reader is even less informed than me though so we should definitely spell this out more plainly. If we use advanced math language it should be preceded with explanations of "d" an so on. Wiz (talk) 00:37, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- You are right that it is too mathematical for the lede. What you have calculated is the difference of the group means (the group of tall men vs. the group short men). That means that short men do have a lower partner count, but that hides the fact that some short men do have a high partner count and some tall men have a low partner count. So the two groups overlap in terms of partner count. Cohen's d measures the overlap between two groups and a Cohen's d of 0.2 is considered a small difference. See this: https://rpsychologist.com/cohend/ Bibipi (talk) 01:32, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
wondering if you can create pages[edit source]
For example I was going to make a incels.wiki page saying "this article is about the website you are currently on" and so forth, but when I tried that it just stalled on a loading screen.
I remember there being a 2nd wiki on this topic that I edited but I forget where I saw it, not sure if this is the same one.
Hi Wiz. I don't have issues creating new pages. Maybe try "edit source" instead of the standard visual editor. By the way, we already have an article on this wiki, namely Incel Wiki.
Not sure a separate article on IncelWiki.org is worth it. Consider instead adding a subsection to Incel Wiki where that wiki is already mentioned instead.