The Whitepill is a worldview based on the maximization of happiness of an individual, by acceptance of his situation. It is a stoic and ascetic extension of the blackpill. Put more concisely, the whitepill extends the blackpill by prescribing behavior, not by just describing reality as the blackpill does.
Since whitepillers follow a mix of Bhuddist, stoic, and ascetic worldviews, the burdensome nature of inceldom becomes lessened. However, the whitepill in itself can be applied to any area of life, not just that of relationships.
Just like how many redpillers often associate themselves more with the Blackpill, many purplepillers usually associate themselves more with the whitepill philosophy,
History[edit | edit source]
The term first appears in some 2017 threads:
- Dec 8 modus coperandi "you always hold the position some IncelTears dude would present to secretly whitepill us." https://incels.co/threads/job-interview-tomorrow-how-to-forget-about-your-own-subhumanity-for-an-hour.6372/#post-86490
- Dec 15 wandercamp https://incels.co/threads/whitepill-killing-yourself-lowers-chads-smv.7879
- Dec 24 8:46am Hunter "fuck is up with all this anti-blackpill shit on this sub? you might as well just call it whitepill since it completely contradicts the fundamental principles of blackpill" https://incels.co/threads/some-people-are-chads-by-personality.9538/#post-133199
- Dec 24 12:40pm Hunter https://incels.co/threads/the-whitepill-is-real-and-is-a-load-of-crap.9569
- Dec 28 "thats whitepill philosophy. thats what they want you to believe. 5'11 is the average height" https://incels.co/threads/elliot-rodger-has-a-stacy-fangirl.10488/#post-149728 in reply to " 5'9 is the average height among males."
- Dec 27 mikepence https://incels.co/threads/made-a-basic-writeup-explaining-the-incel-mentality.10117/#post-144589 first recorded attempt to define:
- The “whitepill”- A man who has decided that the effort of chasing women and becoming more attractive is useless, and that his time is better spent pursuing his hobbies. These men often identify as MGTOW(Men Going Their Own Way), and a simple google search of that term will bring up many communities filled with men falling under this category.
- also posted at https://wearethe80.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/we-are-the-80-the-female-problem/
This shows two competing definitions: an opposite meant to discredit and reverse blackpill vs an addendum supplementing it.
In 2018 SergeantIncel made three threads describing its core points, including thorough explanations of the pill:
- Sept 10 https://incels.co/threads/the-pills-as-sets-blue-red-black-white.73696
- Sept 14 https://incels.co/threads/the-whitepill.74439
- Dec 10 https://incels.co/threads/the-whitepill-practical-guide.93906
Core Points[edit | edit source]
- Understanding and acceptance of the social dynamics of the society in the 21st century.
- Acceptance and minimization of sexual and romantic desires.
- Seeking of a restructure of oneself through the rediscovery of purpose (knowledge, looksmaxxing, hobbies, etc).
Analysis[edit | edit source]
Although outsiders are happy when incels (or any other depressed demographic) take the whitepill, the very fact that people take the whitepill is indicative of the unconstructive nature of that given society, as there would be no need for the whitepill if suffering wasn't systemic.
If an involuntary celibate turns their whitepill belief (i.e. the acceptance of their social position; stoicism) into action (such as aloofness to the dating scene), then they might more befittingly be regarded as a reluctant voluntary celibate, or volcel. Nonetheless, there is a grey area where many do not fit into a specific category.
It is a misunderstanding that the whitepill is simple coping or denial; on the contrary, it emphasizes moving past desires and needs, in order to avoid pain and suffering in the first place.
See Also[edit | edit source]