* '''Arranged marriages vs free mate choice''': Historically, arranged marriages were often the norm, so today's dating world mismatches the mating expectations that we may evolved to have for our parents to be involved in partner choices. In a large sample of hunter-gatherer societies, 70% primarily practiced arrange marriage,<ref>https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1474704919887706</ref> and also in medieval Europe arranged marriages were the norm.<ref>http://www.dfwx.com/medieval_cult.html</ref>
* '''Affirmative action for women''': Women have never occupied higher status than men,<ref>https://incels.wiki/w/Scientific_Blackpill_(Supplemental)#Women_were_historically_predominantly_involved_in_cooking_and_they_never_dominated_men</ref> so men getting [[mog]]ged by women left and right may be a source of great confusion and [[shy]]ness. In women, combined with their [[hypergamy]] it also causes a mismatch as they naturally expect to find men more dominant than themselves, and rather [[femcel|staying singles]] when failing to find a partner who matches their expectations.
* '''Atheism''': Most human societies have also been highly religious, whereas modern civilizations are highly atheistic. Atheism tends to imply lower birth rates.<ref>https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10680-015-9371-z</ref> This may be highly related to the aspect of arranged marriage, i.e. perhaps atheists practicing arranged marriage may be able to
attain the same birth rates as religious groups.
* '''Behavioral sink''': Other mismatches may be overpopulation, an aging population or even the rise of [[mutation]]s and disruption of social epistasis (see [[behavioral sink]]).
* '''No responsibility''': Historically, everyone was needed and issues of marriage directly concerned important questions about inheritance of land and wealth. Today there is a growing disenfranchised population that has virtually nothing. They live in houses they do not own and are in net debt as the economy does not offer them anything and houses are owned by landlords etc. This is exaggerated by economic stagnation. Millennials have only a fraction of the worth babyboomers had at the same age.<ref>https://archive.fo/wip/z8CaW</ref>