John Hinckley, Jr.
John Hinckley, Jr. is a man who famously attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan to impress the actress Jodie Foster. He was considered a black sheep in his 'high achieving' family and was obsessed with the film Taxi Driver, which portrays a character that is essentially an incel.
He exhibits several love shy-esque traits like a fondness for romantic music, and apparently found a girlfriend while he was institutionalized, in yet another example of hybristophilia. Many of the women he befriended were claimed to be 'psychotic'.
He was released in 2016 and all restrictions on his freedom were lifted in 2022. Some have attempted to depict him as a prototypical incel mass shooter due to his shyness and lack of sexual success prior to committing the crime that rendered him infamous.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ https://www.theaustralian.com.au/the-oz/lifestyle/the-wouldbe-ronald-reagan-assassin-writes-tender-loves-songs/news-story/6fa231803f8211247461b09ed648486
- ↑ ibid
- ↑ https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/reagan-shooter-john-hinckley-jr-has-girlfriend-brother-says-n346381
- ↑ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094367/John-Hinckley-Jr-engaged-risky-relationships-married-psychotic-women.html
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley_Jr.
- ↑ https://unherd.com/thepost/was-john-hinckley-jr-the-first-incel-shooter