An antimisandrist is someone who battles against misandry. Antimisandrists do not have a leader nor a clear set of goals, but there are a few beliefs which is quite common amongst a large proportion of them. Some of these include:
- They reject the notion that the western world is a patriarchy that favors men.
- They believe that society has many gynocentric and matriarchal elements to it.
- They believe that society treats males (both boys and adult men) as disposable.
- They believe that western society is unwilling to tackle social issues if it primarily affects males.
- They believe that the "women and children first" is a mantra that has overextended itself into law, culture and media.
- They believe that misandry is so dominant in western society that the only way to tackle male issues is by proclaiming it affects women too.
Unfortunately, the matriarchy has made it seem like anti-misandrists are somehow misogynists, due to their persecution complex and their belief that misandry somehow does not exist.