Editing rules, account creation, and other info
- Do not post content violating US/international law (including copyright law). Do not call for violence or other illegal activity.
- Do not create a page or write about someone under 18.
- Do not create a page about yourself.
- Do not write about someone without any notable public presence beyond their forum posts (only fine within their respective forum page).
- Do not make edits intentionally malicious towards incels, for example, calling incels 'subhumans', 'genetic trash,' and so on.
- Incel Wiki:Incel is not an organization or community|Incel is objectively not an organization, community, ideology, group, movement, etc.
- Incel Wiki:Incel Wiki is descriptive, not prescriptive|Incel Wiki should never, ever be prescriptive.
- Actually funny, popular, or entertaining articles about memes or obscure-theories Incel Wiki:Incel Wiki:Articles that are not about accuracy|do not need to be descriptive or contain citations. However, they still should not be prescriptive. Thus, whether a meme or obscure theory article stays is not dependent on it's accuracy but rather it's entertainment value and subject matter.
All in all, if you just write descriptive content about subjects relating to inceldom, you will probably be fine.
- We discourage the deletion of large amounts of text from the body of articles. We try to preserve other people's writing that abides by the rule section above. If you absolutely hate a page or have a completely different view, you can move the text of the page to another page, split controversial pages into two pages (not recommended for large articles), or qualify disagreement in the article itself by saying "x (me) views y as this," however "z views y as this" (more recommended for large articles). This rule particularly applies to A-class articles, editors generally have a freer hand in regards to good faith edits to lower quality articles.
- Edit wars are generally discouraged, any major disagreements able the content of articles should be thrashed out in the talk pages of the article. If the disagreements seem irreconcilable, the active admin will try to mediate. Anyone that continues edit-warring instead of accepting this mediation will be banned. Be civil with other editors.
- Humor, readability, stereotype-busting, entertainment, and accuracy are all important. Armchair psychology, hypotheses, original thought, etc. are all fine as well, as long as it's fun to read and not just assertions that are malicious towards incels.
- When adding ref tags, please add them after punctuation (,.;:?!"), rather than before, without space. Example.<ref>...</ref>
- Please lean toward lower-case page titles for non-proper-nouns
- Try to avoid using the full real name of someone if they also use pseudonyms, and especially do not use someone's full name if they have never released it publicly.
The wiki runs a discord server, also linked under 'chatrooms' on the main page:https://discord.gg/r4GHceK All that is needed to create an account is to enter the chatroom linked above, request an account there, and agree to abide by the wiki rules. If your edits are good and you display good conduct, your edits will be auto-moderated, and you'll be granted image upload permissions.
Remember to link your new pages in existing pages!
Removal of content
If you would like an entire page or image removed, you can PM 'Master' in the forums or on discord. If you are unable to do so, leave a message on the relevant talk page as an anonymous IP about the desire for image or page removal. We will get to your request as soon as we see it.
The most comprehensive documentary that was ever made about inceldom was The Incel Project, which unfortunately stalled. If you know of some way to retrieve the content, please leave a message on this talk page.
Admins/mods endeavor to monitor & appropriately deal with the material but cannot be online all the time. As such, it is member's responsibility to follow the law. Incel Wiki takes no responsibility for the actions of others in this Wiki.