Gundul was a male orangutang incel who eventually ascended with a human woman during the 1990s.
- The most astonishing incident resulting from the aggressive tendencies of Galdikas's ex-captive orangutans took place when an ex-captive male named Gundul attacked a Dayak woman who was working as a cook at Camp Leakey. In Reflections of Eden, Galdikas describes how she tried in vain to pull Gundul away.
- I began to realize that Gundul did not intend to harm the cook, but had something else in mind.
- The cook stopped struggling.
- 'It's all right,' she murmured.
- She lay back in my arms, with Gundul on top of her.
- Gundul was very calm and deliberate.
- He raped the cook.
- As he moved rhythmically back and forth, his eyes rolled upward to the heavens.
Aside from "Reflections of Eden" this was also described in "The Dark Side of Man" and "Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Male Violence".
Links[edit | edit source]