- 1 Edits 10/20/19
- 2 Previous description table
- 3 Outdated link for incel definition
- 4 Can people please stop putting giant irrelevant images outside of thumbnails on pages?
- 5 Why are some websites blocked?
- 6 place to discuss image proposals
- 7 Rename to manosphere.wiki
- 8 Various suggestions
- 9 Kind of want to change the image
- 10 Please unblock such that I can edit
- 11 We are not adverizing wikis with copied text that hurts the SEO of both sites
- 12 Manosphere.wiki
- 13 h-hello
Previous description table
It is now Incel#Definition_controversy.
Can people please stop putting giant irrelevant images outside of thumbnails on pages?
Let's make the Wiki look more "professional", easier and more enjoyable to read. And stop plaguing the articles with shitty humor as if this were uncyclopedia. We could use some controversial remarks or slurs here and there, but let's make things straightfoward. - BlackPillBlackBelt (talk) 01:32, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
Why are some websites blocked?
- Spam prevention extension included in Mediawiki (by default I think), only Randy can fix that, however the links work if you remove https:// William (talk) 13:13, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
place to discuss image proposals
Special:Upload is limited to admins and trusted users.
For others, I assume we would host our proposed image somewhere and then post a link to it here, explaining how we would like to use it on a page.
I would like to know a good place for such proposals where we could attract the attention of trusteds/admins to come review it and possibly act upon it if they agree with the reasoning.
Special:ListAdmins gives Eth/Master/William and switching that to Trusted in the dropdown gives Altmark22/Bibipi/BlackpillScience/Numbereight (BlackpillBlackBelt is listed as blocked, despite still being Trusted) so where would be a good spot to post ideas where all 7 possible image-adders could put them?
For example I think https://i.imgur.com/on1rOuq.jpg would work well as a lead image for deincelization, as an example. So I would be seeking feedback on that idea. Wiz (talk) 06:28, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- Best place would be specific user talk pages if you want a Trusted user to upload a pic for you. If you want trusted status so you can upload your own pics you can also PM Master on the forums. Only 1 admin can have a bureaucrat role and assign that privilege due to how Mediawiki works.Superconfidentguy (talk) 12:08, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
Rename to manosphere.wiki
User:Eth among others others have proposed to rename the wiki to a less prejudiced name like manosphere.wiki, especially since the topics covered here have long grown past more incel topics and memes.
I've initially opposed this idea for a number of reasons.
But I now think the main pro argument is that the mainstream media will presumably never rehabilitate the incel label and keep associate it with a minority of Category:bad people who have referenced incel memes. I was hopeful a while ago, but I haven't seen any tendency for improvement since. Even though we have lots of good material here, it may not have majority appeal due to the incel label. Thoughts? Bibipi (talk) 10:25, 27 February 2020 (UTC)
- Demography of Those Affected => not clear what affected means, so better "Demography of inceldom"
- The Discord link lacks a descriptive title.
- I think we should link Decile and Blackpill as those are pretty central pages. Gymcel, BBC Theory and Heightpill could be removed in return as they are more specialized terms.
- Rename Glossary link to Incel jargon glossary? The entire page could be moved there.
- No need to make "List of Active Incel Forums" bold, likewise with "List of wanted pages", "Improving stubs". Changes of boldness give the page a more rugged appearance.
Kind of want to change the image
Please unblock such that I can edit
- Discord link is updated. If you want to redesign the page, please create a draft at :User:Bibipi/Main Page, or for the header like you did previously. I don't like edit wars or endless negotiation on the main page. Too exhausting. Best to perfect a draft first if it must be done and submit drafts for merge infrequently by linking it here. You are good at mediawiki and know how to draft pages properly.William (talk) 12:44, 21 April 2020 (UTC)
We are not adverizing wikis with copied text that hurts the SEO of both sites
I think it was a great idea to give Bib his own wiki. Genuinely. He does not have legal permission to use my text, but I think he'll do a great job with his own writing and whoever else writes for his wiki. Thank you for resolving the issue whoever made that decision. William (talk) 23:20, 14 May 2020 (UTC) i look forward to seeing what Bib comes up with on manosphere.wiki and I think his wiki will be very cool William (talk) 23:31, 14 May 2020 (UTC)