Editing rules, account creation, and other info
- Do not post content violating US/international law (including copyright law). Do not call for violence or other illegal activity. Do not doxx, which is often patently illegal.
- Do not create a page or write about someone under 18.
- Do not create a page about yourself.
- Do not write about someone without any notable public presence beyond their forum posts (only fine within their respective forum page).
- Incel Wiki is not ED. We have a similar sense of humor, but abide by the rules here, not their rules. ED has trouble with the law.
- Incel Wiki is not Metapedia, try not to intimidate readers with jargon and overly-repetitive cherrypicked science. No one reads Metapedia.
- Claims of genetic fitness are big claims and thus need to be sourced by academic papers
- Incel is objectively not an organization, community, ideology, group, movement etc
- Incel Wiki should never, ever be prescriptive. We also do not subscribe to any particular pill or philosophy.
- Actually funny, popular, or entertaining articles about memes or obscure-theories do not need to be descriptive or contain citations. However they still should not be prescriptive. Thus, whether a meme or obscure theory article stays is not dependent on it's accuracy but rather it's entertainment value and subject matter.
- Do not cite other parts of the wiki as citation, it creates link rot.
All in all, if you just write descriptive content about subjects relating to inceldom, you will probably be fine.
- Incel Wiki is inclusionist, not particularly delitionist. We try to preserve other people's writing that abides by the rule section above. If you absolutely hate a page or have a completely different view, you can move the text of the page to another page, split controversial pages into two pages (not recommended for large articles), or qualify disagreement in the article itself by saying "x (me) views y as this", however "z views y as this" (more recommended for large articles).
- We are here to have fun, not to indoctrinate people, or to engage in a "war of ideas" with other writers. As soon as this isn't fun it's not worth doing.
- Humor, readability, stereotype-busting, entertainment, and accuracy are all important. Armchair psychology, hypotheses, original thought etc are all fine as well, as long as it's fun to read and not just assertions that are malicious towards incels.
- When adding ref tags, please add them after punctuation (,.;:?!"), rather than before, without space. Example.<ref>...</ref>
- Please lean toward lower-case page titles for non-proper-nouns
- Try to avoid using the full real name of someone if they also use pseudonyms, and especially do not use someones full name if they have never released it publicly. While some people may have released their full name publicly, or may even use it frequently to self-advertise, it's best to just avoid doing so unless the person has had their full name in news articles or only refer to themselves in public using their full name or something.
Anyone can edit this wiki, but if you don't want to wait hours for your edits to show up, then
Best to have a forum account (anywhere), a history of IP edits on this wiki, or some other identifier to be approved for a wiki account.
Existing Pages and Uploading Images
Check out https://wiki.incels.info/w/Special:AllPages to make sure you aren't making a duplicate page under a different name! If you want an image embedded in a page, leave a link to it in the source, and we will upload and insert it for you! :)
If you can find a way to verify your identity in the discord you will be given image upload permissions, you'll need to request it.
Remember to link your new pages in existing pages!
For any editing questions, visit the General Article Page
The first lexicographer to have defined the term "incel" is Ton den Boon. We at Incel Wiki endorse his definition because it is descriptivist rather than prescriptivist. When you edit, please incline towards Boon's definition or another descriptivist definition.
Incel Wiki writers tend to be "boon fans", "boon dogs", otherwise known as "boon-heads", due to our respect for Boons work. However, it is important to note however that Boonism is not an ideology or movement.
Removal of Pages or images
If you would like an entire page or image removed you can PM 'Master' in the forums. If you are unable to do so, leave a message on the relevant talk page as an anonymous IP about the desire for image or page removal. We will get to your request as soon as we see it.
The most comprehensive documentary that was ever made about inceldom was The Incel Project which unfortunately stalled. If you know of some way to retrieve the content, please leave a message on this talk page.
Admins/mods endeavor to monitor & appropriately deal with material but cannot be online all the time. As such, it is members responsibility to follow the law. Incel Wiki takes no responsibility for the actions of others in this Wiki.
If you are feeling suicidal, please call the Samaratin's Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-877-870-4673. The point of this wiki isn't to make you feel bad, if you need a friend or charity's help, please seek it. We discourage editors who are linguistic prescriptivists from editing.